Departments: Ramsay Motor components
Type of contract : Fixed term contract
Ramsay motor components would like to offer the opportunity to all employees who meet the requirements for the position that is available to apply.
- Grade 12 (Critical)
- Leadership Experience
- Expediting of Parts and Materials including stock controlling
- ±6 Months Experience with ME deployment
- Experience in the Manufacturing Environment
- Experience in quality
Technical skills and specialist knowledge:
- Microsoft Excel Skills (Critical)
- Knowledge of MS Teams
- Driver Licence (EB)
- Forklift License (Advantageous)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage A3 problem solving activity to eliminate waste & improve production within areas of control.
- Compile the daily production schedule to achieve daily targets and communicate schedule to each team member and ensure that they understand their production requirements. Expediate incoming stock to support the production plan. Manage and reduce items below minimum stock to meet targets of stock holding requirements.
- Monitor, report and action any timekeeping/ absenteeism concerns. Verify and submit timesheets. Verify and submit exception reports. Complete and submit RTWIs.
- Manage the ILU matric and implement action plan. Ensure HR Policies & Procedures are adhere too. Conduct and evaluate OJT Training. Ensure all disciplinary & grievances are handled in accordance with the Ramsay Disciplinary & Grievance Code and Performance Management is conducted with all team members.
- Health and Safety
- Ensure all health and safety requirements in line with the company policies are maintained in all areas of control.
- Ensure 5S targets are met in all areas of control.
- Ensure parts produced meet quality specifications and the outflow of defective components is managed and reduced.
- Manage stock levels within the Min/ Max requirements to maintain stable supply.
Elimination of waste
- Accurately record all data on the data capture sheet timeously.
- Make Kaizen activity suggestions to make improvements.
- Raise problems and concerns to the Shift leader timeously.
- Responsible for own personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all information on timesheets are accurate and submit to the Manager.
- Follow HR Policies & Procedures. Responsible for own personal development.
- Pack parts as per the packing instruction and perform work according to the set standards.
- Raise problems and concerns to the Team Leader timeously.
Competencies and Attributes Required
Internal matrix customers:
- All Ramsay Members including Production
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments thereto, Ramsay Motor Components Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful.