Department: Ramsay Motor components
Type: Full-time/ Permanent
Ramsay Motor Components would like to offer the opportunity to all employees who meet the requirements for the position that is available to apply.
Job Requirements and Experience
• Grade 12 (Critical)
•Stores certificate (advantage)
•2 years stores experience
•3 years Automotive manufacturing environment
Technical skills and specialist knowledge:
• Intermediate computer skills (including Office Excel and Outlook)
•Customer communication and relationships
Receiving and Issuing of Stock
• Ensure all goods received from suppliers have the correct documentation (delivery notes / invoices)
• Ensure all goods go through the Receiving Inspection before moving stock into storage locations..
• Ensure all stock and consumables received by stores is booked into the system in a timely manner.
• Ensure all stock and consumable issued from stores are transferred and/or expense issued timeously.
• Reporting accurate stock levels internally as well as to suppliers on a daily basis.
Ordering of stock and supplier communication
• Call-off stock from suppliers according to min/max levels.
• Follow-up on orders and deliveries with suppliers to avoid stock levels to reach below min levels.
• Calculating and Co-ordinate shipping and collections of stock between RMC and galvanizing suppliers according to the priority sequence which is based on incoming ungalvanized stock and stores stock availability.
Material for recycling
• Control of material for recycling according to the process.
• Communication with production with regards to urgent stock arrival times.
• Ensure that any supply constraints and possible shortages are escalated well in advance to Manager to avoid unnecessary production downtime.
Stock Cycle Counts
• Stock cycle counts shall be conducted accurately according to work standards and schedule.
• Participate in monthly stock takes (Counting, Printing tags, capturing and verification of stock)
• Assisting Storeman to plan and co-ordinate the activities of the Stores Members.
• Assist Storeman with booking stock into the system as and when required.
• Assist with reasonable Stores related functions as and when required.
• Dedicate tasks to Storeman to ensure that stores objectives are met.
Internal matrix customers:
• All RMC/Ramsay departments
• Ramsay Finance department
• Support structures
• All RMC/Ramsay Members including Management
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments thereto, Ramsay Motor Components Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful.