Department: Ramsay Motor components
Type: Full-time/ Permanent
Ramsay Motor Components would like to offer the opportunity to all employees who meet the requirements for the position that is available to apply.
• Grade 12 (Critical)
• Diploma in Process Engineering
Technical skills and specialist knowledge:
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of problem-solving tools.
• Knowledge of the Ramsay Manufacturing Excellence system
• Risk based thinking.
• Ability to interpret technical drawings.
• Experience in a Production Engineering Environment
• Experience in a Manufacturing / Fabrication Environment
• Design / Draughting experience
• Reverse Engineering experience
• Use of Measuring Equipment
• Project Management experience
• Advanced CAD experience
• Intermediate Computer Literacy Skills
• Metal pressing / Welding / Metal Finishing / Assemblies
• E-Coating experience
Elimination of waste
• Assist in and support the ME plans on existing and new production lines. (Support ME Improvement objectives by analysis of lost time and Problem-solving analysis or any other Quality related losses).
• Monitor & reduce cost of poor quality (Through ME and TQM processes, initiatives will be introduced to improve / reduce cost of poor quality).
• Ensure all agreed to ME facilities, machine and methods improvements are timeously planned and implemented as requested through implementation and or reported losses. (In conjunction with Management Team to propose support and document most cost-effective improvement strategies with timings to achieve improvement objectives).
• Support and Management in closing off Engineering related Problem-Solving Activities. (To ensure the loop is closed by implementation of Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions).
• Improvement Targets to Budgets are met. (Budgeted improvements in Materials, OT agreed to costs are planned, measured and met).
• Kaizen Initiatives (Ensure Support regarding A3 problem solving activities carried out to eliminate waste & improve production within areas of control).
• Ensure 5S (Ensure 5S direction to defined standards).
• Ensure 5S condition is sustained and improvement activities planned and tracked with to new production facilities. (Support with 5S improvement activities to ensure 5S is sustained in facilities).
Health, Safety and Environment
• Comply with all applicable compliance obligations to which the company subscribes.
• Provide a workplace that is without risk of injury and ill-health.
• Protection of the environment and prevention of pollution
• Correct PPE Usage (Advise on correct PPE for facility requirements).
• Meet or exceed customer Quality requirements (Ensure products meet customer specifications, standards and requirements for new and existing components).
• Risk Based Thinking (Identify risks that will affect quality for new and existing products and implement actions to alleviate risks to ensure customer requirements).
• Part data from process, from design through to production (Data received will need to be analysed to ensure that targets are being met).
• Manufacturing approval of manufacturing processes for production in the organization (Jigs, fixtures and manufacturing processes will need to be bought off and approved to ensure that production will be possible in the organization).
• Assist in trial activities (Manufacturing processes must adhere to the quality requirements within the organization) (MPT).
• Manage scrap (Initiatives will be introduced to eliminate / reduce scrap in order to make the process more efficient).
• Line optimization (Improve production lines to meet customer demand as well as quoted verses actual).
• Risk Based Thinking (Evaluation and mitigation of RISK)
• APQP (Support cross-functional project team to ensure customer requirements are met and APQP is implemented to deliver projects on time).
• Escalation of process concerns (Ensure that all process related concerns raised are addressed with the correct team immediately).
• Deliver manufacturing processes on time to Production (Manufacturing processes to be running production as per production schedule).
• Support MPT process (Provide technical assistance to TIE during the MPT process and ensure all relevant information is provided to act as handover of the manufacturing process).
• Process Controls (Involved in new & current Projects. Ensure process implementation complies with agreed to timing and cost parameters).
• Responsible personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on an ongoing basis (Since the role is to support production, your attendance is vital for the successful running of the plant).
• Responsible for own personal development in line with company strategy
• Adhere to HR policies & procedures
• Conduct & Evaluate OJT Training (Ensure all team members are adequately trained to perform duties that are assigned to them. Training records are to be maintained).
• Carry out all reasonable instructions/tasks (Carry out any reasonable instructions/tasks issued by the Operations Manager / Engineering Manager).
• Uphold the Company Vision & Values (Act in the best interest of the company in accordance with all the Company Policy & Procedures).
Internal matrix customers:
• Shift leader.
• Support Structures
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments thereto, Ramsay Motor Components Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful.