Department: Ramsay Motor components
Type: Full-time/ Permanent
Ramsay Motor Components would like to offer the opportunity to all employees who meet the requirements for the position that is available to apply.
- Grade 12 (Critical)
- Computer Literacy (advantage
- Experience in the Manufacturing Environment
Technical skills and specialist knowledge:
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Understanding Production Processes
- Numeracy and English Literacy to ABET Level 4
- Must be able to work in a team or as an individual.
- Part quality
- Understanding of Disciplinary Code & Grievance Procedure
- Tool Setup and Calibration: Set up and install various tools and equipment according to production requirements, including moulds, dies, fixtures, jigs, and cutting tools.
- Tool Maintenance: Regularly inspect, clean, lubricate, and repair tools to ensure their optimal performance.
- Electrical Maintenance: Regularly inspect electrical equipment throughout the facility to ensure optimum functionality.
- Mechanical functions: To design, build, install and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Electrical Functions: To install and maintain electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Tool Changeovers: Assist with tool changeovers if required. Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensure minimal downtime during changeover processes.
- Tool Efficiency and Optimization: Continuously monitor tool performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Quality Control: Perform quality checks on tooling to ensure compliance with specifications and standards. Identify and address any deviations or defects that may impact product quality.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of tooling repairs, adjustments and maintenance activities.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and regulations while working with tools and equipment. Report any safety hazards or incidents promptly. Comply with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Training and Collaboration: Assist in training new team members on tooling procedures, safety guidelines, and best practices. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel, to improve tooling processes and resolve
Elimination of Waste
- Implement and manage manufacturing improvements in line with delegated projects.
- Driving the business manufacturing excellence strategy by deploying lean principles in line with agreed projects.
- Identify, evaluate & implement improvement ideas that result in tangible improvements in productivity, elimination of waste and deliver the objectives set out in the 4 pillar strategy
- Effective management and deployment of resource in line with delegated areas and projects
- Review PQs Monthly
- Manage A3 problem solving activity to eliminate waste & improve production within areas of control
- Manage ME data
- Manage continuous improvement projects
5s and Safety/Environment
- Comply with SHEMS procedures & requirements.
- Manage and improve 5s in the plant according to the 5s Audit sheet
- Manage and improve safety within the working area and meet safety targets for that area
- Implement & uphold quality standards by reducing defects within the plant, as per targets defined by the quality control board
- Quality Management: Engage with internal/external customers and respond to concerns/requests raised by the customer.
- Part Quality: Responsible for delegated elements of APQP process.
- Raise problems and concerns to the Shift leader timeously.
- Responsible for own personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all information on timesheets are accurate and submit to the Manager.
- Follow HR Policies & Procedures. Responsible for own personal development.
- Report on production performance. Carry out any reasonable instructions.
Internal matrix customers:
- Shift leader.
- Support Structures
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments thereto, Ramsay Motor Components Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful.