Department: Ramsay Motor components
Type: Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
Ramsay motor components would like to offer the opportunity to all employees who meet the requirements for the position that is available to apply.
- Grade 12 (Critical)
- Experience in the Manufacturing Environment
- Shift work
Roles and Responsibilities
Elimination of waste
- Ensure 5S (Ensure 5S direction to defined standards).
- Make Kaizen activity suggestions to make improvements.
5S and Safety, Health & Environmental
- Practice and improve 5S in your work area in line with the 5S check sheet.
- Ensure PPE is worn according to work standards.
- All incidents need to be reported within the same shift. Perform all safety checks according to the safety standards.
- Follow the SHEMS procedures
- Ensure parts produced meet quality specifications and follow up on non-conforming product procedures.
- Work cycle must be completed before leaving work
- Pack parts as per the packing instruction and perform work according to the set standards.
- Raise problems and concerns to the Shift leader timeously.
- Responsible personal attendance to ensure it is 98% on an ongoing basis (Since the role is to support production, your attendance is vital for the successful running of the plant).
- Responsible for own personal development in line with company strategy
- Adhere to HR policies & procedures (Performance Management, Talent management, Skills development, Development planning).
- Uphold the Company Vision & Values (Act in the best interest of the company in accordance with all the Company Policy & Procedures).
Competencies and Attributes Required
- Strong Communication Skills
- Understanding Production Processes
- Numeracy and English Literacy to ABET Level 4
- Team worker
- Part quality
- Understanding of Disciplinary Code & Grievance Procedure
Internal matrix customers:
- All Ramsay Members including Production
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 and any amendments thereto, Ramsay Motor Components Internal Recruitment Policy as well as the Employment Equity Plan.
NB: If applicants have not received a response two weeks after the closing date, please accept that your applications have not been successful.